Tuesday, August 3, 2010

In search of the HLIBOWICKI/HLIBOVYTSKY tree

A while back I started look for my family ancestors from my fathers side of the family; HLIBOWYCKYJ / HLIBOVYTSKY / HLIBOWICKI / HLEBOWICKI / HLIBOWISKI.... ( lots of variations). The bits and pieces of information I did have went onto a family tree site: http://hibovesky.myheritage.com/ , but along the way I came across lots of other HLIB's that I still know very little about nor know whether they fit into the tree somewhere.
What I do know is that Auxentius married Anna in Czernowitz in 1835. About 20 yrs later a railway line was opened between CZERNOWITZ and LVIV.  There are HLIB's from Kolomeya ( along the route) and from Lviv...... The regions of Bukovena / Kolomeya / Halechena feature strongly as do the number of greek catholic priests in the family.

In this photo is my grandfather Volodemyr ( 1868 - 1928 ) and his wife Stefania ( Schtohryn). At least that is the best information I have.

Other Hlib's.....

**** I thought Auxentius was the earliest entry, but have come across a Theodor Hlebowicki ( Czernowitz Bukovina) reference in 1828... and he sounds like an adult then... (Austrian docs in German)

1 Auxentius Hlibowicki 1835 Czernowitz Bukovina maried Anna Schultz


2 Johann Hlibowicki 1880 -1890 Czernowitz Bukovina priest/ auhor/academic. Home owner Suszawa 1913 ?

3 Basil (Vasyl ?) Hlibowicki 1867 -1871 study record

4 Emil Hlibowicki 1868 study record

5 Theodosius Hlibowicki 1930'3 Piunkach (Pol) school director

6 Theodosius Hlibowicki 188 military

7 Bohdan Hlibowicki 1930 Pol forestry

8 Roman Hlibowicki 1911 Pol Prof uni Wroclaw (daughter Barbara Hlibowicka-Weglarz lives in Poland)

9 Stephan Hlibowicki 1909 Pol

10 Andriy Hlibowicki Pol

11 Clement Hlibowicki doctor ?

12 Vasyl Hlibovytsky priest/ mentioned in article as nationalist leader

13 Eugeniusz Hlibowicki Pol priest/ parish Tuczno and later Harenda 1969 -1974 Pol.

14 Ivan Hlibovytsky Bukovena

15 M…. Hlibovytsky 1909

16 Zenon Hlibowyckyj 1908 Buchachiv academic record, also in Sanok ? around 1902 - 03

17 Sylvester Hlibowyckyj 1908 Buchachiv academic record

18 Josef Hlibowicki 1888 Krakow?

19 Hrehoriy Hlibowicki 1879 Kolomeya / Cheremchow Austrian army reserve ? army record

20 Hieronim Hlebowicki 1904 Polish forestry Galicia

21 Wlodzimierz Hlibowicki 1904 Polish forestry Galicia

22 Danuta Hlibowicka 1951 d

23 Antoni Hlibowicki 1892-1893; 1895 academic records from gymnasiums at Kolomeya and Stanislaviv.  ( believe this is the great grandfather of Solomiya and Yevhen Hlib in the Ukraine ) ***

24 Auxenty Hlibowicki        Kolomeya gymnasium records

25 Gregor Hlebowicki 1874  Brody probably gr kath priest

26 Michal Hlebowicki   academic redord  (Kolomeya ?)

27 Cyprian hlebowicki academic record ( Kolomiya)

28 Leon Hlibowicki     1868?

29  Sofron Hlebowicki    Kolomeya   ( gr kath priest)

30 Teofil Hlebowicki       Kolomeya  (gr kath priest)

1 comment: